Sunday, February 22, 2009

Amateur Danny Lee Wins the Johnny Walker Classic



U.S. Amateur champion Danny Lee birdied four out of the last six holes and won the Johnny Walker Classic today in Australia at the age of 18.

"It feels like I'm dreaming at the moment," Lee said. "I won lots of amateur tournaments before and the U.S. Amateur, but this is a totally different feeling.

"It's a pro event. All I wanted to do is make the cut and play well and get in the top 20. But I played extremely well today, and I won it."

This win gives him a three year exemption on the European, Asian, and Australasian tours. He will playing in the Masters this year and will turn pro the week after. This kid looks to be the real deal and joins Rory Mcilroy and Ryo Ishikawa as the top young players in the world.