Friday, March 6, 2009

Planning "Tiger Day"





This past Monday night, the premiere of "The Haney Project" was on the golf channel. This is a reality show in which Hank Haney, the swing coach for Tiger Woods, takes on the challenge of working with Charles Barkley, who has arguably the worst golf swing in world history. Apparently, he will be working with Barkley over the course of several months in order to help him improve his game.

During the show, Haney describes to Barkley what a "Tiger Day" is like. Basically, he asked Barkley if he was willing to put in the time and effort like Tiger does. Haney said that Tiger begins working out at around 6am for two hours. He then hits at the range for about 2 hours, putts, works on short game, and then plays 9 holes. He then hits at the range again, more putts, more short game, and then plays another 9 holes. He basically keeps this up until around 6pm. For anyone who practices a lot, you know that this type of routine is no joke.

Watching the show motivated me to put in some serious practice. Usually with my schedule, my practice sessions are around 2-3 hours if I'm lucky. However, I've decided I'm going to find at least one day soon in which I'm going to practice the entire day. I've never hit 1000 balls in a day before but I'm interested in finding out how my body will feel after it. Should be fun and I'll report all the results.