Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The "Tiger Day" Experiment

After hearing a description of a “Tiger Day”, I knew I had to try it for myself. According to Hank Haney, Tiger’s coach, a “Tiger Day” is what Tiger does for his practice days. Basically, he works out at the gym early in the morning, and then spends the rest of the day playing and practicing.

This past Monday was the day. Here is a look at my schedule.

6:45 – 8:00 Worked out at gym
10:00 – 1:00 Hit balls at the range
1:00 – 2:00 Lunch
2:00 – 2:30 Putting practice
2:30 – 3:30 Chipping/Pitching practice
3:30 – 7:00 Played 18 holes
7:00 – 7:30 Bunker practice

All in all, it was fun and I definitely plan on doing it again, only next time, I will make it even longer. I highly recommend the “Tiger Day” to anyone looking to gear up for the upcoming season.


**Please Note**

“Tiger Day” does not come with a billion dollar bank account, Swedish supermodel wife, 40 million dollar estate, yacht, and everything else in the world that would be cool. However, if you practice like this approximately 5 days a week for about 10 straight years, you might just get there.