- France features over 400 golf courses, with 25 of Europe's top 100.
- In a French golf club, you are not considered as a visitor but as a member for the day. After eighteen holes in the morning, you will have the opportunity to play a free extra round in the afternoon on most of the the French golf courses.
- Some of the most famous architects have designed French golf courses (Robert Trent Jones Senior and Junior, Pete Dye, Peter Alliss, Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus)
- French landscapes on golf courses include: links, cliffs, sandhills, parkland, wooded, and mountain ranges
- Other than golf, you have the culture, history, scenery, art, wines, etc.
The picture above is from a course called Dunkerque, which features a heart shaped green for the ladies out there.
Notes on France golf:
France features the LPGA's Evian Masters and will take place this year starting July 22nd.
France is home of one of the most famous / infamous golfers of all time, Jean Van de Velde. Who could forget this guy?
All Golf travel articles:
Golf at Pebble Beach
Golf in Vegas
Golf in Scotland
Golf in Panama
Golf in Sicily
Golf in England
Golf in South America
Golf in Spain
Golf in Spain 2