Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tiger preparing for Masters at Augusta

Tiger Woods was practicing at Augusta on Monday preparing for his return at the Masters which starts April 8th.

He addressed a few issues in two interviews Sunday.

On how he will do at Augusta. "I know how to play the golf course and that helps a lot," he said. "I've just got to play it. I'm excited to get back and play. I'm excited to get to see the guys again. I really miss a lot of my friends out there. I miss competing."

As for how the fans will react to him when he returns. "I'm a little nervous about that to be honest with you," he said. "It would be nice to hear a couple claps here and there. But also hope they clap for birdies, too."

PGA professionals John Cook and Arjun Atwal played with Woods recently and both had good things to say about the state of his game. "I don't see anyone that hits the ball like he does," said Cook. " As far as ball-striking goes, if he takes that up there, it's vintage."

"He's hitting it just fine," Atwal said at Isleworth. "He's hitting it longer than before. There is no doubt."