Monday, October 18, 2010

Tiger to host strong field in December


The Chevron World Challenge, hosted by Tiger Woods, will showcase a strong 18 man field at Sherwood Golf Club. The event will take place December 2-5 in Thousand Oaks, California.

The field will consist of:

Tiger Woods, Steve Stricker, Martin Kaymer, Jim Furyk, Paul Casey, Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald, Matt Kuchar, Dustin Johnson, Graeme McDowell, Ian Poulter, Hunter Mahan, Zach Johnson, Anthony Kim, Bubba Watson, Sean O'Hair, Camillo Villegas, Stewart Cink

Woods spoke with the media about the upcoming tournament. Here are a few excerpts.

"Well, it's great to be back. Looking forward to getting out there and playing. I haven't played in the last couple of years, unfortunately, but looking forward to this year with this year's field. The depth and the strength of it is something we've never experienced before. And with the ranking points from last year going into this year as well, I think from what I've talked to some of the players at the Ryder Cup, they're really excited about playing, really excited about getting out there, especially the first timers that have never been out here before. It's going to be a great week. I know the weather isn't perfect today. I know you guys are going to go out there and play. I heard the golf course is in great shape, and the new practice facility is remarkable, so hope everyone enjoys it."

Q. You're a four-time winner of this tournament. How would you evaluate your chances of winning for the fifth time, given the state of your game and now that you know what the field is?

TIGER WOODS: Well, my game's coming around, so the way I played at the Ryder Cup and then hopefully -- I know I have two more events prior to the Chevron event. Hopefully, I can get two more W's before I get to Chevron and see what happens.

Q. How is your health, and pretty much how is your confidence lately as far as your game and everything?

TIGER WOODS: Oh, I feel good. I feel good about my game as well. At the Ryder Cup, I played pretty good and especially in the singles match. I've had a little time off and still got a couple more weeks off before I head to China and Australia, so looking forward to that practice time and getting a little bit more prepared.

This should be an interesting event to end the 2010 golf season with many of the world's top players. We shall see if Woods can get a win.

Watch and follow your favorite golfers with AlliedSatelliteTV.com