Friday, August 26, 2011
Reasons Tiger Woods should have been picked to the Presidents Cup team
2. He has 71 career PGA Tour victories.
3. He was 5-0 at the Presidents Cup in 2009.
4. His overall Presidents Cup record is 18-11-1.
5. If there should be one exception to the rule, it is Tiger Woods.
6. It is a captains pick, meaning the captain can choose whoever he wants.
7. If the captain had to pick the 11th and 12th ranked player, there would be no point in having captain's picks.
8. He makes a great team with Steve Stricker, the current number three player in the world.
9. He is a much more intimidating opponent than say, Brandt Snedeker.
10. No one would watch the event if he wasn't playing.
11. If he won the Australian Open the week prior, and was left off the team, Couples would look like an idiot.
12. The potential match of Woods vs. Scott in singles in Australia with Williams on the bag.
13. He is now healthy.
14. He still has 3 months to prepare.