Wednesday, November 2, 2011

MJ out, Cook in for U.S. Presidents Cup team


There will be no 6'6" former greatest basketball player of all time smoking cigars in Australia this year. Michael Jordan, assistant captain for the U.S. Presidents Cup team, has cancelled his trip due to his NBA obligations.

"After careful consideration, it is with regret that I have decided to cancel my trip to Australia later this month for The Presidents Cup," Jordan said. "With the NBA labor situation unsettled, as the majority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, I feel it is necessary that I remain in the country. It was an honor to have been chosen to serve as a captain's assistant. I wish Fred and the United States team the best of luck."

Champions Tour member John Cook will replace Jordan as an assistant captain for the cup, which begins November 17th in Sydney.