Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tiger Woods is not a fan of "The Big Miss"


Tiger Woods had his season opening presser today for the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship and discussed the usual topics such as the form of his game, his health, the top players in the world, and his goals for the upcoming season. Woods also discussed Hank Haney's new book, "The Big Miss", set for release one week prior to the Masters, but he didn't go in to great detail.

Did you ever think Hank would write a book about you?
TIGER WOODS:  No.

Q.  And if not, why not?  Why did you think he wouldn't?
TIGER WOODS:  I don't know.

Q.  And just when something like that‑‑ is it difficult to trust anybody, if everything is just going to get revealed in books and statements and telly and everything?
TIGER WOODS:  One might say that.

Q.  That must be sort of sad in a way.
TIGER WOODS:  You think it's sad?

Q.  Do you think it's sad?
TIGER WOODS:  I'm asking you.

Q.  I find it sad, yeah.
TIGER WOODS:  Okay.  There you go.  (Smiling).

Q.  It's on the book subject again, I'm afraid.
TIGER WOODS:  Yep.

Q.  I'm assuming you would appreciate why people in general and golfers in particular would like an insight into your game and swing and how things have developed.  Please tell me what's so wrong about Hank writing a book about you?
TIGER WOODS:  I think I've answered all the questions on that.

Q.  What's so wrong‑‑
TIGER WOODS:  I think I already have.  I'm sorry.

It can't be all bad for Woods right now as he's being paid a monster appearance fee this week. He also has a chance to compete against the top players in the world and zoom up the world rankings with a good tournament.