Sunday, March 4, 2012

Woods and McILroy pressers

Q.  First of all, I can't really remember having seen a lot of golfers with their swing look as effortless; is that a fair assessment?
TIGER WOODS:  I just have to stick with the process, and it's coming.  Each tournament, it's getting better.  I'm hitting more good shots, more quality misses.  They are not what they used to be.  Each tournament I've progressed, I've gotten better.  And it's just a matter of time before I put it all together for an entire tournament.

Full Tiger Woods presser

Q.  You've been incredibly consistent these last six months or so.  When you're playing this well, do you feel like you're tough to beat; that no one can beat you?
RORY McILROY:  I always felt like when I played my best, I would be hard to beat; Congressional or Quail Hollow or whatever when I play my best, I usually can get quite a lead.  But I feel at the minute, you know, even if I don't play my best golf, I can still challenge, which gives me a lot of confidence, also.
So yeah, when I'm firing on all cylinders, I feel like I'm hard to beat, but even playing‑‑ I still feel like I can play better than what I did this week and still be able to win is very nice.

Full Rory McILroy presser