Sunday, April 1, 2012

Masters Quotes

After finishing second-”On the fifteenth hole I started thinking how I’d look in the green jacket, the next thing I know, they’re giving it to Charley Coody”
Johnny Miller

I miss, I miss, I miss, I make it”
Seve Ballesteros in the 1988 Masters on how he managed to four-putt from 15 feet. 

“The first time I played the Masters, I was so nervous I drank a bottle of rum before I teed off.  I shot the happiest 83 of my life."
Chi Chi Rodriguez

“Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!”
Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

"If the Masters offered no money at all, I would be here trying just as hard."
-- Ben Hogan

"The course is perfection and it asks perfection."
-- Nick Faldo

"I must admit the name was born of a touch of immodesty."
-- Bobby Jones, the creator of the Masters

"I don't think about winning the Masters as part of the slam. You want to win the Masters because of what it means to the game."
-- Jack Nicklaus

 "Every shot is within a fraction of disaster -- that's what makes it so great."
-- Gary Player

"If I knew what was going through Jack Nicklaus's head, I would have won the Masters."
-- Tom Weiskopf, asked if he knew what Jack Nicklaus was thinking on his way to winning the '86 Masters