Friday, July 31, 2009

Tiger On Fire, Daly Disaster


After a routine 71 to begin the Buick Open, Tiger bounced back by firing a 63 in the second round and is now tied for 5th place at ten under par. Tiger opened his round by going birdie, birdie, eagle, birdie, and birdie for the first five holes. This was his best career start and yes, this is ridiculous. This weekend should be a shootout as there are a lot of players in contention.

On the other end of the spectrum, John Daly put on quite a show by shooting an 88 which included a 51 on the front nine. His round included a ten on the first hole, a quadruple bogey, a triple, and two doubles.


"This is different," Daly said. "I can't control my hands like I used to. I have no clue where it's going. I just don't have any feel, and it scares me. This is the most down I've ever been with my golf game. I'm working my butt off, doing everything I need to be doing, and nothing is going right on the golf course." For full details on Daly's tough day and his recent weight loss, click on this article, describing his "toxic state."

For full scoring details, check out the leaderboard.